The EADH brings together and represents the Digital Humanities in Europe across the entire spectrum of disciplines that research, develop, and apply digital humanities methods and technology. The EADH also supports the formation of DH interest groups in Europe that are defined by region, language, methodological focus or other criteria.
The European Association for Digital Humanities (EADH) was founded in 1973 under the name Association for Literary and Linguistic Computing (ALLC) with the original purpose of supporting the application of computing in the study of language and literature.
As the range of available and relevant computing techniques in the humanities increased, the interests of the association’s members have broadened substantially and encompass not only text analysis and language corpora, but also history, art history, music, manuscript studies, image processing and electronic editions. The association’s new name, which was adopted in 2012, reflects this significant widening of scope. Today the EADH’s mission is to represent European Digital Humanities across all disciplines.
- #JobOpening Assistant Professor for Digital Humanities in the Study of Religion – Ruhr University Bochum
- Legal Issues in Textual Scholarship: symposium
- CFP: Conference: The Art Museum in the Digital Age – 2024
- EU project Dimpah
- CfP - ‘Our Interlocked Universe’: Sociohistorical Network Analysis; Methods, Applications, and New Directions
- Assistant Professor - Dartmouth College
- #CfP International workshop on CLASSICAL TEXTS IN DIGITAL MEDIA, University of Patras (Greece)
- RESEARCH DATA ENGINEER (F/M/X) specialized in XML technologies
- CFP: Art within Reach: Photomechanical Reproductions of Works of Art from Print to Digital
- EADH Executive board elections 2023: call for nominations extended deadline
- UK-Ireland Digital Humanities First Annual Event
- Professorship (W1 with tenure-track) "Digital Literature and Methodology" @ FAU Erlangen-Nürnberg
- EADH Executive members elections 2023: 4 positions open
- The passing of Prof. Dino Buzzetti
- Digital Humanities at Oxford Summer School | 3-7 July 2023
- 10 PhD Positions at Uppsala, Stockholm, and Lund University